Do you find it difficult it difficult to choose the perfect kitchen furniture for your newly constructed home? Or are you planning to replace your old kitchen furniture with new ones? If you have not decided yet, maybe you may want to consider an Italian-themed kitchen.
When asked to imagine an Italian kitchen, most of us would think of a cozy but rustic ambience with warm lighting, fancy curtains, and some glossy wooden cabinets. And don’t forget the Nonna (Italian word for grandmother) who usually asks you to stay longer. Well, what most of us imagine is the traditional type of Italian kitchen. With the modern advances in technology and design, modern Italian kitchens are more in demand nowadays.
Generally, Italian kitchens possess a special style with open spaces and clean, simple lines. If you really want to achieve that Italian touch for your kitchen, you may consider the following ideas. We have listed some characteristics of a modern Italian kitchen for your reference:
- Make the Facade Texture Flat – Doors of Italian-themed kitchens are usually smooth and without handles; the facade is more simple compared to other kitchen designs. Dilating doors (and even drawers) are commonly used in Italian kitchens.
- Incorporate Simple Handles – It is not really advisable to add handles to doors and drawers of Italian kitchens but if you prefer having them, make sure that the design is plain and simple. Professionals agree that if you include handles, those should be very smooth, horizontal, and thin. The simpler, the better.
- Use Natural Materials – Aside from metals and other smooth materials, you should also make it a point to include some natural materials to your Italian kitchen. Plus points if you use wooden furniture in their natural grain or knots.
- Emphasize the Horizontal Lines – Many of us do not notice that modern Italian kitchens are usually emphasizing horizontal lines on the way in which the kitchen doors are distributed. These horizontal lines also give an illusion that the doors are more elongated.
- Furniture Should Be of the Same Style – When purchasing kitchen accessories and auxiliary furniture, make sure that they incorporate some straight lines and have the same style with a little colour for accent. The lighting, cabinets, tables, chairs, and other things inside your Italian kitchen should complement each other.
If you feel that you are already loving Italian kitchens, the next thing you should do is to contact the experts. Visit our website today and learn more about our company. We are one of the most trusted suppliers of modern furniture in UAE.